Aural Rehab Program
What is Aural Rehab?
Aural Rehab or Auditory Training is the process of providing training and treatment to improve hearing for those who are hearing impaired. The focus is on adjusting to hearing loss, making the best use of hearing aids, exploring assistive devices, managing conversations, and taking charge of communication. The goal of auditory rehabilitation programs is to improve speech communication through the use of auditory training.
Why Is It Needed?
The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates suggests that over 5% of the global population suffers from disabling hearing impairment. Moreover, nearly 15% of the global adult population is affected by some degree of hearing loss. Additionally, the estimates also suggest that approximately one-third of the population over 65 years of age suffers from disabling hearing loss.
The inability to communicate leads to a feeling of social exclusion, loneliness, and frustration, especially amongst the aged people.
The key in helping people hear better and to enjoy living better with hearing loss, is essential to treat both components, hearing loss and listening loss.
Our Solution: AWARE
AWARE is designed to rehabilitate and retrain the brain to comprehend speech better in difficult listening environments.
The AWARE program is specifically designed to help people improve their cognitive skills, i.e. (short-term memory) and communication skills so that people with hearing loss and those with hearing aids can get the most speech comprehension out of the sounds they still do hear.
Using AWARE in a Retail Audiological Practice
AWARE is a simplified patient / business retention program designed to complement the practitioner’s hearing aid delivery protocol for their patients for all dispensing practices. AWARE is designed with dual objectives:
- Patient Retention – It is well documented that hearing aid returns decrease significantly once new hearing aid patients realize the need to rehab the brain’s ability to process the stimulus coming from acoustic sounds of their new hearing aids.
- Business Retention – Auditory training and increased patient satisfaction, directly correlate with reduced hearing aid returns.
Other benefits include:
- Patients have fewer needed appointments and adjustments
- Patients have more confidence in socially difficult hearing situations
- Patients report higher level of satisfaction with their hearing aids.
Contact Us Today
InnerScope has a proven track record of disrupting well-established markets and within a matter of months not years, can go from newcomer in the market to Market Leader, turning the competition in the market irrelevant. Contact Us Today if you would like to become the Market Leader in your Market.